Sunday, February 6, 2011

Coupon #3 - Bonus Save $5 Domino's Pizza card

Well, we went for a hike up the mountain yesterday morning. Man, am I out of shape!  My friend Judy, her husband, and her 16-year-old cousin invited me and the bf to join them and their two gorgeous dogs for the walk.  Barely fifteen minutes in, I was starting to sound like Darth Vader.  Seriously...huffing and puffing...and I could feel myself getting red in the face.  The only things that kept me going were the promise of freshly baked banana bread, and knowing that once we got to the top, it would be much easier coming downhill on the way back.

It was a beautiful day, and I have to admit that I was cherishing the fact that all my friends back east were dealing with SNOW, while I was enjoying the spring-like conditions. The view from the top was amazing, although technically we were only halfway up the mountain.  I was definitely glad I had my new hiking boots on though, as it was quite steep in some areas. We had such a great time talking about so many different things that I could hardly believe we'd been hiking for nearly two hours!

Bf insisted on leaving as soon as we got to the parking lot (apparently he needed to use the 'loo') so I missed out on the banana bread. :(   To make up for it, he would treat me to pizza.  I had the bonus $5 card for Domino's from the book with me, so I asked him to use it!

Card savings:  $5.00
Cumulative savings: $13.89

No comments:

Post a Comment